ChaseofBassIIChaseofBassII

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

The Ocean Deep The Ocean Deep

I'm not going to rate this down simply because it's a ludum dare entry and I really like what you have so far. I read your replies and saw that you're expanding on this game. I'm honestly excited to see that. The game grabs you from the beginning, and I was really interested to see what would come next (even though nothing did, but that's ok!). very chill game, although with so little content, it does feel a little boring. But anyway, I'm gonna be watching for a more finished version!

TechnoWolf99 responds:

Thank you for the kind words!

Intel Was Wrong Intel Was Wrong

It's a nice little experiment in procedural generation, but there's not much to to do but hop around the solar system until your luck runs out. The combat system is seems to just be a short distraction from the fact that you really have no control over what happens in this game. It's incredibly easy; I managed to fight off a really strong ship while my hull was at 2, and he got a hit on me.

There really needs to be more to explore. There were 3-4 different types of planets, and while the stars were called different types, they were all grey and I honestly couldn't tell at first that they were supposed to be stars. While it is important in games like these for there to be a certain luck factor to make every run unique, The player's gotta at least FEEL like he's/she's in control some of the time.

Also, there's no sense of progression. When you get a new ship part, the biggest change is a roman numeral in the corner. It's gotta feel like you are getting stronger, and you're changing the star cluster you inhabit. There also needs to be some choice in what you do. Right now it's just, "New part, it's obviously better than my old one in every way and I don't need to even think about whether it is better for my particular play style or if I should stick with ol' faithful."

I'm giving it a 2.5, which I honestly think is being nice, but You seem to be updating it a lot and I feel that you could really make this game something great.

Wolod responds:

Yep, there is a lot of work to do.

Obsolescence Obsolescence

I love this! I've never seen anything quite like it. Very cool, original stuff. I just wish I didn't suck at games.

Two Seasons in One Day Two Seasons in One Day

Music is the best way to convey your feelings when you just can't find the words, especially improv. You convey your feelings beautifully, every time. I honestly wouldn't be able to discern your improvisations from the rest of your music (In a good way), so I congratulate you, sir.

Healing your Heart Healing your Heart

you make the most beautiful Piano pieces I've ever heard. This song is exactly what I needed right now, and I thank you very much for it.

Last Hero Last Hero